- the two Federal Institutes of Technology in Lausanne and Zurich (EPFL and ETHZ),
- six universities in Basel, Bern, Fribourg, Geneva, Svizzera Italiana, and Zurich (UNIBAS, UNIBE, UNIFR, UNIGE, USI, UZH)
- the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)
- the research laboratories of IBM Zurich
- the two federal research institutes, the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI), and the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa).
The goal of MARVEL is the accelerated design and discovery of novel materials, via a materials’ informatics platform of database-driven high-throughput quantum simulations, powered by
- advanced electronic-structure capabilities, for predictive accuracy
- innovative sampling methods to explore configuration/composition space
- application of big-data concepts to computational materials science
The search is targeted to materials for energy harvesting, storage, and conversion, materials for information-and-communication technologies, and organic crystals/pharmaceuticals.
We are working on the website and environment for the dissemination of the codes, data and workflows of the project, powered by our AiiDA materials' informatics platform www.aiida.net — so stay tuned!
 Materials' revolution: Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials
 La révolution des matériaux: conception et découverte de nouveaux matériaux par la simulation
 Materialrevolution: Computerbasierte Entwicklung und Entdeckung neuer Materialien