CCMX, the Competence Centre for Materials Science and Technology, and the NCCR MARVEL are co-organizing a Materials Science Day where both experimental and modeling approaches will be addressed.
The morning will be dedicated to MARVEL projects including modeling and first experimental validation. During the afternoon, the progress of the 5 ongoing CCMX Materials Challenges will be presented. Participants from industry and academia are welcome to discover new projects, make new contacts and initiate collaborations.
The talks will give participants an excellent introduction to pre-competitive research going on throughout the country while the poster sessions, lunch and coffee breaks will give the chance to speak to researchers one-on-one.
We hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity and join us!
It is possible to register half-day or full day, and have a lunch for networking and poster session. Participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory. The registration deadline is Friday 22 September, 2017.
- 09.45 Registration
- 10.00 Welcome to Empa
- 10.05 Overview of the NCCR MARVEL by Prof. Berend Smit, EPFL, member of the executive committee of MARVEL
- 10.15 Engineering of novel electronic materials by bottom-up and ab initio methods by Dr. Daniele Passerone, Empa
- 10.45 A new tool for discovering nanoporous materials by Prof. Berend Smit, EPFL
- 11.15 Coffee break
- 11.30 Experimental assessment of thin oxide microstructure-properties relationship with computational validation by Dr. Claudia Cancellieri
- 12.00 Lunch + poster session
- 13:30 Registration
- 13:45 Welcome and Introduction by Prof. Karen Scrivener, EPFL, CCMX Chair
- 14:00 Advanced Fibers for Controlled and Monitored Release by Prof. Fabien Sorin, EPFL
- 14:30 Large Area Growth of 2D Materials – Challenges and Opportunities by Prof. Aleksandra Radenovic, EPFL
- 15:00 Coffee break and poster session
- 15:30 Safety Research for Responsible Use of Nanoparticles by Dr. Peter Wick, Empa
- 16:00 Additive Manufacturing of Metals and Alloys by Prof. Roland Logé, EPFL
- 16:30 Coatings Competence Center by Dr. Hans Hug, Empa
- 17:00 Farewell drink and poster session